2014 Grand Prize Winner: No Bluebonnets this Year by Mark Holly
The 2015 Photo Contest is closed
Imagine the Future of the Hill Country
What is your vision of the Hill Country that future generations will inherit?
People here and elsewhere share a strong connection to the culture, ranchlands, natural beauty, charming towns and precious spring-fed streams of the Hill Country. Are we losing the very things we value so much? What do we treasure to keep?
HCA is seeking photographs that illustrate what is worth protecting for future generations – creeks and swimming holes, breathtaking views and iconic cultural experiences like dance halls, charming towns and heritage ranches.
13 winners will appear in the 2016 HCA Hill Country Calendar. Other photos will be featured throughout the calendar in cameo appearances. In addition to a full page photo feature, winners will receive a cash prize.
• Grand Prize: $300
• First Prize: $200
• Second Prize: $150
• Third Prize: $100
• All other calendar page winners: $50
HCA’s annual calendar is a celebration of the beauty of the Texas Hill Country as well as an educational resource on ways in which we can protect the beauty and natural resources of this unique and fragile region.
Please read these important tips before entering your photos
• Only color photographs will be eligible
• Only photos with horizontal/landscape layout will be eligible – due to the layout of the calendar, vertical/portrait layouts will not be considered
• Do not add text (including names and dates), borders, frames or decorative edges to your photographs
• Be sure your photograph accurately represents the subject as it appeared – photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will not be considered (see Terms and Conditions for details)
• Be sure your photo meets the size and quality requirements listed in the Terms and Conditions for upload to the contest website – photos that are too large or too small may turn out blurry or altered when uploaded and will not be considered or may not be saved by the system
• Only photographs taken in the 17-county Hill Country region will qualify – see map
• Read the Terms and Conditions carefully to make sure your photos meet all other requirements before uploading your photos
• After uploading your photos, go back to the add/edit screen and make sure all of your photos were saved properly. You should see a thumbnail image of each photo that was saved. If the thumbnail images is missing, check that your photo has the correct size and quality settings and try your upload again.
Thank you for entering and good luck!
How to Enter – The photo contest is closed
Step 1: Review the complete Terms and Conditions
Step 3: Return to the add/edit screen and make sure all of your photos were saved properly. You should see a thumbnail image of each photo that was saved. If the thumbnail images is missing, check that your photo has the correct size and quality settings and try your upload again.
For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org