A passionate community caring for the future
HCA is happy to share job openings for our partner organizations in the field of water conservation, land stewardship, resource protection and visionary planning in our region. The job postings below are updated regularly, but may be out of date. Please reach out directly to the organization listed for more information.
For information on how to post a job on our website, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dripping Springs, TX
The mission of the Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District (HTGCD) is to conserve, preserve, recharge and prevent waste of groundwater within western Hays County. Given the critical importance of water to life and of that part of the water cycle called groundwater to local families, agriculture, commerce, stream flows and wildlife habitat, the Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District works to conserve, preserve, recharge and prevent waste of groundwater within western Hays County. To help accomplish these goals, the District is charged to gather information needed for sound decisions, to provide that information to citizens and local agencies, and to ensure that groundwater is used efficiently and at sustainable rates.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for maintaining continuity of services within the office, as well as several duties, including but not limited to bookkeeping, records management, social media management, and assisting with information technology and human resources. The Office Manager will serve as a liaison between the public, other agencies, and the District. The position requires a great deal of multi-tasking, and an ability to prioritize time demands. The Office Administrator will need to accomplish tasks necessary to keep the office in regulatory compliance. The Office Administrator will work under the supervision, training, and guidance from the Assistant General Manager concerning daily tasks and report directly to the General Manager. There will be occasional local travel for meetings, conferences, training, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with processing mail, paying bills, running reports, and updating entries into QuickBooks.
- Maintaining and organizing District records, and assisting with records management policy compliance.
- Receiving and processing registration application fees and water connection fees.
- Assisting in the administration of Employee Health Information and benefits.
- Receiving and completing public information requests.
- Responding to public inquiries in the form of phone calls, emails, or walk-ins.
- Assist with updates to the HTGCD website and social media accounts.
- Assist in maintaining the District calendar of events.
- User account setup and maintenance: Windows, website, email, server, and social media.
- Assist in the management of software licenses and accounts.
- Performing other clerical, administrative, and bookkeeping tasks as assigned.Assist with HTGCD financial records, annual audits, and bookkeeping.
- Assist with data and materials required for monthly Board Meetings, including generating financial reports, assembling Board packets, and keeping meeting minutes.
For more information, read the full job description here.
Email resume and cover letter to Charlie Flatten, HTGCD General Manager, email@example.com. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.