A passionate community caring for the future
HCA is happy to share job openings for our partner organizations in the field of water conservation, land stewardship, resource protection and visionary planning in our region. The job postings below are updated regularly, but may be out of date. Please reach out directly to the organization listed for more information.
For information on how to post a job on our website, email email@example.com.
The Southwestern Travis County Groundwater Conservation District (District) was created by an Act of the Texas Legislature in 2017. The District was ratified at an election in November 2019 and is governed by a seven-member elected Board of Directors. The District is seeking applications for the position of General Manager to assist in developing this newly created district. The General Manager functions as the chief administrative officer, leads the daily operations of the District, and is responsible for the development and implementation of policies, plans, and rules approved by the District’s Board of Directors to meet objectives for the protection, management, and conservation of groundwater. The position of General Manager for GCD’s is defined by Chapter 36.056 of the Texas Water Code and in the Bylaws of the District.
This position initially will be considered as a contract employee requiring 40 hours on average per week, with schedule to be determined by employee as necessary to perform the duties required. This position will report to the Board of Directors with the primary point of contact being the Board President.
- Lead and manage the daily operations of the District.
- Establish communications and networking relationships with key stakeholder groups (i.e., landowners, well drillers, etc.), other groundwater districts, regional groups, and key agencies.
- Develop operations and processes for the District based on Board policy, including but not limited to:
- Public communications (i.e., public information and constituent communications),
- Financial systems (i.e., accounting and bookkeeping)
- Regulatory compliance (i.e., cybersecurity, public information, open meetings).
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a complete application package consisting of their resume and a one-page cover letter describing in narrative form how they are best qualified for this position. Position is open until filled. Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Attn – General Manager Search Committee.”
Dripping Springs, TX
Save Barton Creek Association, one of the oldest and most prestigious Austin environmental organizations, is seeking an experienced Operations Manager. The role offers a flexible, collaborative, and positive work environment for a great cause! We are looking for a candidate with an interest in being with SBCA for the long-term, potentially growing into an Executive Director role. The ideal candidate will have strong fundraising and operations experience and an understanding of local ecology and environmental policy issues.
WORK HOURS & BENEFITS:
Full time, independent contractor (healthcare/benefits not included); $50,000 to $70,000 annually commensurate upon experience; work hours and location flexible outside scheduled meetings and events; candidate must be in Austin Texas
- With Executive Director, manage staff, consultants, interns, and volunteers to ensure appropriate support and organization delivers on outcomes
- Manage organizations operations, communications and accounts such as website, e-newsletter, social media.
- Update fundraising plan and execute organization fundraising strategy
- Grant writing and reporting
- Management of fundraising campaigns, donor database, and member/donor relations
- Report on the organization’s activities and results to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Oversee SBCA outreach programs including monthly happy hours, Creek Crew Young Professionals Group, and conservation work
- Manage distribution and improvements to the “Explorer’s Guide to the Hill Country Oasis” field guide
- With Executive Director, undertake environmental advocacy efforts
- Assist with organizational planning and budgeting
- Other tasks as needed
For more information, read the full job description here.
Send cover letter and resume to Angela Richter, Executive Director at email@example.com. Applications will begin to be reviewed on January 18th and position will remain open until the right candidate is found.