- This event has passed.
Online – 2021 Water Week Policy Zoom-in with US Water Alliance
April 27 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The US Water Alliance is a proud co-sponsor of Water Week, a series of virtual events in which a variety of water-focused associations and coalitions will be highlighting the importance of water infrastructure. Now more than ever, water infrastructure must be elevated as a national policy priority, and it is crucial that climate-resilience, affordability, and equity are included in the conversation. The US Water Alliance is looking forward to sharing our upcoming Value of Water Index poll results in support of these efforts.
As national infrastructure policy begins to take shape in Washington, DC, join us to hear from key policymakers who are helping to craft what could become the largest investment in the water sector in a generation. While Water Week 2021 will take place in a virtual setting again this year, it is the main event for water professionals from around the country to come together and highlight the important work they do for their communities and advocate as one united voice for the water sector.
One of this year’s featured Water Week events will be the Water Week Policy Zoom-In, on Tuesday, April 27th from 2:00 – 4:30 PM ET. This free webinar is hosted jointly by this year’s Water Association Partners and will provide attendees the opportunity to hear directly from key EPA officials and Members of Congress on the important regulatory and legislative water policies they are working on now and in the years ahead. Yvonne Forrest, US Water Alliance board member and director of Houston Water, will be co-moderating, and additional speakers include:
- Michael S. Regan, EPA Administrator
- Radhika Fox, Acting Assistant Administrator, EPA Office of Water
- Jennifer McLain, Director, EPA Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water
- Andrew Sawyers, Director, EPA Office of Wastewater Management
- Deborah Nagle, Director, EPA Office of Science and Technology
- John Goodin, Director, EPA Office of Wetlands, Oceans and Watersheds
- Sharon Nappier, EPA National Program Leader for Water Reuse
- Senator Tom Carper (D-DE), Chairman, U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), Ranking Member, U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Congresswoman Chellie Pingree, Chair, House Committee on Appropriations, Interior and Environment Subcommittee
- Congressman David Joyce, Ranking Member, House Committee on Appropriations, Interior and Environment Subcommittee
Don’t miss the chance to hear about the important and timely federal water initiatives taking shape in Washington, DC. Register today for the Policy Zoom-In, and don’t forget to join our One Water Webinar on April 29th to learn about our sixth annual Value of Water Index!