- This event has passed.
Online – Scalable Solutions: Rainwater Harvesting – 2021 Water-Wise Speakers Series with Hays Trinity GCD
March 4 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District – Water-Wise Speaker Series
For more information contact Charlie Flatten, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-858-9253
The Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District has announced its 2021 Water-Wise Speaker Series. Subject matter experts will discuss a variety of water topics important to Hays County residents.
Hays County is listed by the US Census Bureau as the second fastest growing county in the United States. Great schools, good housing, proximity to growing business opportunities, and a beautiful landscape are all drivers for our growth.
Its most precious resource is water. The Trinity Aquifer deep below has a limited recharge capacity and will not support the growth coming in the next 20-years. The County needs to maximize efficiency of use and diversify its water supply portfolio to keep local communities healthy and viable long into the future.
Rainwater is already being collected on homesteads and larger buildings across Hays County. Water-wise landscaping, land conservation, and climate trends are all important parts of a strategy to protect our aquifers.
Speakers will present at 5:30 live and online. Dial-in information will be on the District website www.HaysGroundwater.com the week before each presentation. Check the schedule for upcoming dates.
Topics will include:
- Scalable Solutions — Rainwater Harvesting: James Grizzard, Harvest Rain – March 4, 2021
- Water Wise Lawns and Gardens: Hays County Master Naturalists – May 6, 2021
- Wimberley One-Water School – Innovative Conservation Design: Nick Dornak, Meadows Center for Water and the Environment – July 1, 2021
- Benefits of Land Conservation on Water Resources: Lori Olson, Texas Land Trust Council – TBD
- Climate and Weather Trends in the Hill Country: John Nielson-Gammon, State Climatologist – TBD
HAYS TRINITY GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT STAFF & BOARD
Charlie Flatten, General Manager
Philip Webster, Hydrogeologist
Keaton Hoelscher, Geo-Technician
Laura Thomas, Office Administrator
Holly Fults, President District 3
Linda Kaye Rogers, Vice President District 4
John Worrall, Treasurer/Secretary District 1
Toby Shelton District 2
Doc Jones District 5