- This event has passed.
Online – What’s Next for Texas Water?
June 7 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Texas’ underground water supplies are struggling. That creates long-term uncertainty for landowners who rely on groundwater, the rivers and streams that are fed by it, and the plants and wildlife that will die without it. Yet the Legislature has done little in the 2021 legislative session to address Texas’ water future. So what’s next for landowners, local governments, sensitive ecosystems and the rest of the state?
On June 7, please join a panel of landowners, policy leaders and wildlife experts to assess the landscape for water in Texas, the challenges Texas will face in coming months, and our post-session options for addressing them.
The panel will feature:
- Vanessa Escobar, General Manager of the Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District & HCA Board Member
- Ted Flato, a prominent architect and founding member of the Headwaters Alliance & HCA Board Vice President
- David Langford, former member of the Environmental Flows Advisory Committee and a founding member of the Headwaters Alliance
- Robert Mace, Executive Director & Chief Water Policy Officer for the Meadows Center for Water and the Environment at Texas State University
- Vanessa Puig-Williams, Texas Water Program Director for Environmental Defense Fund & HCA Board President
- David Yeates, Chief Executive Officer of the Texas Wildlife Association
This webinar is co-sponsored by Environmental Defense Fund, the Hill Country Alliance, and the Headwaters Alliance, a coalition of landowners focused on keeping the Hill Country’s springs and rivers flowing.